Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Roofpig era has begun

My old faithful Java animation applet has now finally retired after 18 years! It became very hard to use due to Java security problems, and even when it works it's ancient and impractical for 2014.

To replace it I wrote a brand new replacement using CoffeeScript and WebGL canvas. It should work in most browsers, and I hope it's useful!

I call it Roofpig, and when I've made it presentable and stable enough I'll open source it on Github. Should only take a couple of weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait for it to be up on github! Very awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. It's so easy to work with, especially since it shows the algorithm that is being animated, instead of only the animation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here it is: https://github.com/larspetrus/Roofpig

    ReplyDelete